Dr. Robert F. Mullen researches and develops methods to alleviate symptoms of psychological dysfunction and discomfort. He offers a paradigmatic approach to recovery and optimum human functioning by utilizing the wellness model of mental healthcare, targeting the personality through empathy, collaboration, and an integration of historically and clinically practical methods. Mindful that recovery remission is not achieved by focusing on deficits and weakness, he emphasizes the positivity of our inherent strengths, virtues, and attributes. A published worldwide academic author, Mullen facilitates seminars and workshops on anxiety, depression, and other disorders. He currently provides support for a group of 570 persons with social anxiety disorder and produces a premier website for neuroses and issues of motivation and self-esteem. The overarching objective of his methodology is rechanneling negative perspective and self-image by harnessing our intrinsic aptitude for extraordinary living and potential to lift the human spirit. His academic disciplines include contemporary behavior, modified psychobiography, and positive psychologies, and he has the unique combination of his own anxiety experiences to support his professional conclusions. Dr. Mullen is a firm advocate of the Wellness Model of mental healthcare, disputing the effectiveness of the etiology-driven disease or medical model and the one-size-fits-all approach to recovery.
- Neural Restructuring. CBT, and Positive Affirmations
- Dysfunction is Evidence of Our Humanness
- There is No Shame in Mental Illness
- Utilizing Complementarity for Social Anxiety.
- Recovery and the Willful Pursuit of Ignorance
- Psychological Dysfunction: Myths and Misinformation
- Deconstructing ReChanneling
- Social Anxiety Disorder and Relationships
- The Wellness Model of Mental Health
- Neural Restructuring in Recovery
- Self-esteem in Recovery
- (7/2021). Broadening the Parameters of the Psychobiography. The Extraordinariness of the ‘Ordinary’ Extraordinary. Psychobiographical Illustrations on Meaning and Identity in Sociocultural Contexts. Palgrave series, Sociological Psychology of the Lifecourse.
- (2021). Enlisting Positive Psychologies to Challenge Love within SAD’s Culture of Maladaptive Self-Beliefs. Chapter 59 (pp. 1121-1140) in C.-E. Mayer, E. Vanderheiden Handbook of Love in Cultural & Transcultural Cultures, Springer.
- (2020) Establishing a Wellness Model for LGBTQ+ Persons with a Psychological Dysfunction.
- (3/2021) A Wellness Model of Recovery-Remission from Mental Illness in the 21st Century.
- (2019). How an Honorable Psychobiography Embraces the Fluidity of Truth. New Trends in Psychobiography, Chap. 5 (pp: 79-95). Springer. doi:10.1007/978-3-030-16953-4.
- (2016). The Art of Authenticity: Constantin Stanislavski and Merleau-Ponty. Journal of Literature and Art Studies, 6 (7):790-803 (2016). doi:10.17265/2159-5836/2016.07.010.
- (2010). Holy Stigmata, Anorexia, and Self-Mutilation: Parallels in Pain and Imagining. Journal for the Study of Religions and Ideologies, 9:25, 2010.
- I have never encountered such an efficient professional . . . His work transpires dedication, care, and love for what he does. Jose Garcia Silva, Ph.D./Composer, Cosmos
- It is refreshing to work with an organization that possesses sincere commitment, ethics, and genuinely cares about its clients. Sharon Hoery & Associates, Colorado
- I am simply in awe at the writing, your insights, your deep knowing of transcendence, your intuitive understanding of psychic-physical pain, your connection of the pain to healing … and above all, your innate compassion. Janice Parker, Ph.D.
- Dr. Mullen hits the nail on the head with ReChanneling. Reverend Richard Carlini
Why is your support essential? ReChanneling is dedicated to research and development of methods to alleviate symptoms of psychological dysfunction and discomfort. Our vision is to reshape the current pathographic emphasis on diagnoses over individual, which fosters a deficit, disease model of human behavior. Treatment programs must disavow ineffective, one-size-fits-all approaches and target the individual personality through communication, empathy, collaboration, and an integration of historically and clinically practical methods. All donations support scholarships for workshops and practicums.